At the heart of the Qavali restaurant, sits an exquisite bar area
Legend has it, that this is the place where age-old stories come to life. We honour them with a generous range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic cocktails, all of which celebrate unique flavour combinations, as well as the joy of a beautifully presented beverage. For the wine connoisseurs, there is an extensive wine list; and also a range of spirits and draught beers.
So, do bring your loved ones along – to a place where Indo-Persian history is celebrated and refashioned. We’ll be waiting with bar snacks and plentiful smiles; and look forward to clinking glasses with you.
- Persian Sunshine £12.50
Star anise, saffron, caramel, sauternes whisky
- Princess Orange £11.50
Pink grapefruit, bergamot orange, saffron vodka
- King of Fruits £12.00
Honey mango, mandarin, mango rum
- Mai Chai £13.00
Masala chai, sweet ginger, cardamom, orange rum
- From Istanbul, with Love £12.50
Sweet coconut, lime zest, pistachio rum
- Dharnia £11.50
Coriander leaf, fresh lemon, coriander seed gin
- Alexandria £13.00
Salt baked peaches, local honey, mint leaves, port cask brandy
- Champagne Lassi £14.00
Alphonso mango, roasted coconut, champagne
- Forbidden Love £13.00
Pakistani mulberries, tart apple, demerara sugar and cinnamon rum
- Flowers of Hafez £12.00
Red roses, poppies, pomegranate flowers, jasmine gin
- Coffeehouse £13.00
Cold brew coffee, cardamom, cascara coffee bean vodka
- Jahani £13.00
Pomegranate, walnuts, red grape, rose petal vodka
- Qavali Sharbat £6.00
Fresh lemon, lime zest, sweet cardamom, pandan
- Scarlet £6.00
Red roses, cranberry, pomegranate, jasmine
- Hipster Central £6.00
Sweet chai, cold brew coffee, cardamom, allspice
- The Ottoman £6.00
Pistachio, almonds, lime zest, honey
- Kish Island £6.00
Caramelised banana, coconut, spices
- Akbar & Alphonso £6.00
Smashed mango, lemongrass, fresh lemon, root ginger
There’s culinary inspiration and a distinct sphere of influence in each of our G&T serves. Leading with spice (and soulfulness, of course). That’s the difference with the Qavali experience; there’s a story in every glass.
- OPHIR £8.00
Inspired by the spice trade routes through the Arabian. Utilising timur pepper and Persian black lemons, Opihr Arabian is bright, fresh and lightly spiced.
- BATHTUB £11.50
A bold little number that focuses on a plethora of hard spices including Clove, Cassia and Green Cardamom resulting in an intense punch of richness.
- JINDER SINGLE ESTATE TEA GIN £11.50
Beautifully delicate yet vibrant Gin made with first flush Darjeeling from Goomtee Estate alongside fennel, ginger and grapefruit.
- COLOMBO No.7 GIN £12.00
A Sri Lankan Gin with classic foundations but with cinnamon bark, curry leaves and ginger root all sourced from Ceylon.
- STRANGER & SONS £12.50
Distilled by specialists in sunny Goa with Indian Lemon Pepper and Gondhoraj Limes to create a vibrant citrus led Gin with a distinct spicy undertone.
- CRAZY LASSI GIN £14.50
A crazy marriage of English and Punjabi cultures. Soft spice notes from cumin and turmeric collide with refreshingly zesty pomegranate and yogurt, all uniquely distilled under vacuum.
- Paladin, Prosecco Tondo DOCG, Italy £40.00 / Glass £8.50
Elegant, aromatic and refreshing prosecco with gentle bubbles and notes of apples, pears and white flowers on the palate.
- Zonin, Prosecco Special Cuvee, Italy £45.00
Harmonious, aromatic Prosecco, with a refreshing feel. With delicate mousse, plenty of apple, white flowers and almond notes on the palate.
- Zonin, Prosecco Rosato Spumante, Italy £48.00 / Glass £9.50
A delicate, lightly-coloured sparkling rosé. Pleasant, soft and smooth with floral, almond and apple notes on the palate.
- Baron de Beaupré Brut Champagne NV, France £58.00 / Glass £10.50
Elegant, pale gold in the glass. With notes of crushed flowers, brioche and hints of dry marmalade. This champagne has a creamy texture and soft finish.
- Moet et Chandon Brut NV, France £80.00 / Glass £13.50
Fresh lemon and apple, infused with notes of almond pastries, vanilla blossom and a hint of buttery brioche.
- Laurent Perrier Cuvee Rose NV, France £92.00 / Glass £15.50
Bright berry flavours, round on the palate, well-balanced acidity with a long dry finish.
- Louis Roederer Cristal, France £250.00
Rich and complex aromas, with notes of a zesty and candied fruit melody. Along with white flower, roasted hazelnut and vanilla.
- Dom Perignon, France £265.00
Luminous notes of tropical fruit, with green mango, melon and a sweet mist of mandarin orange.
- Ephesus, White Sultaniye, Turkey £24.00 / Glass £6.00
Crisp, refreshing white wine made of indigenous Sultaniye grapes. Moderate acidity, with tropical and white fruit notes.
- Kavaklidere Ancyra, Sauvignon Blanc, Turkey £25.50 / Glass £6.50
Juicy and refreshing. With green pepper, herbal, tropical and subtle floral aromas.
- Niel Joubert, Chenin Blanc, S. Africa £28.00
A lively crisp wine. Boasting a bouquet of flavours and notes of pineapple, guava and citrus fruits. Ideal for refreshing the palate.
- Raiz de Chile, Reserva Chardonnay, Chile £30.00
Intense aromas of tropical fruits, including coconut, banana, and pineapple. This wine is well-balanced in the mouth, with an expressive and elegantly long finish.
- Biscaye Baie, Sauvignon Blanc, France £31.00
A ripe, exciting Sauvignon Blanc presenting grapefruit, pears and lime rind notes. Balanced, uplifting with a clean, lasting finish.
- Paladin, Pinot Grigio, Italy £32.00 / Glass £10.50
A delicate, dry and fragrant wine, with notes of acacia and elegant pear flowers.
- Laroque, Chardonnay, France £32.00
Aromatic and creamy Chardonnay, with a lively flavour profile of white peaches, toasted brioche and hazelnuts.
- Kavaklıdere, Misket, Turkey £33.00
A refreshing, easy-drinking wine with a perfumed nose. Pleasant mouthfeel and structure; along with deep aromas of jasmine, peach and ripe tangerine.
- Villa Viva, Picpoul de Pinet, France £35.00
Rich and dense fruity wine, with aromas of white melon, cut grass, lime and hay. A balanced texture and a precise, savoury finish.
- Paladin, Sauvignon Blanc, Italy £35.00
Fruity, fresh and dry with distinct notes of grapefruit, tropical fruits, melon and peach. The finish is long and satisfying.
- Uva Non Grata, Gros Manseng, France £35.00
Zingy, incense-smoked and glorious. A most loud and proud Gros Manseng.
- Featherdrop, Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough, New Zealand £48.00
An aromatic and intense Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc pleasing the palate with plenty of gooseberry, passion fruit, mango and herbal flavours.
- Kavaklidere Selection White, Emir – Narince, Turkey £55.00
Distinctive fruitiness with hints of peach, grape and quince. Lively acidity evolving into a pleasant mouthfeel and memorable aftertaste.
- Sancere Domain Cheriere, Sancerre, Loire, France £65.00
This is a dry yet intensely fruity wine with delicate floral notes, light-to- medium body and a surprisingly long, refreshing finish.
- Jean Lefort, Chablis, France £78.00
Elegant, rich and revitalising wine with perfectly defined crisp and mineral notes. Thrilling mouthfeel and a long, warm finish.
- Ephesus Rose Calkarasi, Turkey £25.50 / Glass £6.50
Beautifully understated and easy-drinking wine with good body, light red fruit flavours, and acidity.
- Kavaklidere Ancyra Blush Kalecik Karası – Çalkarası, Turkey £26.00
A luscious wine with strawberry, raspberry, and fruity nectarine aromas on the nose, which follow through on the palate.
- Villa Viva Cotes de Thau, France £30.50
Refreshing rose wine with delicious aromas of white peaches, apricot and tangerine. Full-bodied, round and juicy leading to a pleasant, crisp finish.
- Beringer White Zinfandel, USA £31.00 / Glass £8.00
Forward, fruity and syrupy Zinfandel Rose with a palate accentuated by ripe cherries, strawberries and red plum.
- Paladin Pinot Grigio, Italy £33.00
Pleasant, bright pink Pinot Grigio with aromas of wild strawberries, pears and dried fruits. Hearty and dry on the palate, good as an aperitif or with any dish of choice.
- Ephesus Red, Okuzgozu – Cabarnet Sauvignon, Turkey £24.00 / Glass £6.00
Balanced, easy-drinking red wine. A gorgeous blend of Cabernet Sauvignon and Öküzgözü with rounded, juicy tannins and smooth plum, cherry and spice notes on the palate.
- Kavaklidere Ancyra, Kalecik Karası , Turkey £25.50 / Glass £6.50
A well-balanced and smooth red wine with elegant tannins, light body and persistent flower and red fruit flavours.
- Kavaklidere Ancyra, Merlot, Turkey £26.00
A well-balanced, fresh and long-lasting wine with soft tannins and long-lasting spice and red fruit flavours.
- Raiz de Chile, Reserva Cabernet Sauvignon, Chile £30.00
Ruby red wine, with aromas of ripe strawberries, plums and a touch of mint. Concentrated, with ripe tannins and persistent fruit on the palate.
- Uva Non Grata, Gamay, France £31.00
Bursting with vibrant fruit flavours. Primary fruit aromas, with sweet notes of soft red berry; gorgeous Gamay, at its best.
- Laroque, Cabernet Franc, France £31.00
Dense, rich and full-bodied Cabernet Franc with structured tannins, distinctive flavours of blueberries, lavender and violets.
- Paladin, Merlot, Italy £32.00
A most pleasant, subtle flavoured Merlot with delicate hints of violet, plum and ripe red fruits.
- Paladin, Syrah, Italy £35.00
Harmonious, fruity Syrah with soft, rounded tannins, intense black cherry, raspberry flavours and hints of coffee and sweet spices.
- Bodega Norton Lo Tengo, Malbec, Argentina £35.00 / Glass £8.50
Passionate, purple-coloured Malbec. Cherry, cinnamon and fresh fruits on the palate with a velvety mouthfeel and a rounded finish.
- Kavaklidere Selection Red, Öküzgözü – Boğazkere, £43.00
Balanced and intriguing red wine blend of two native Anatolian grape varieties. With pleasant acidity and notes of dried red fruits, mocha and sweet spices.
- Kavaklıdere Egeo, Syrah, Turkey £44.00
A full-bodied and complex Syrah. This wine presents a good integration of oak with its strong ripe tannins and pronounced acidity.
- Maison Kavaklidere La Folie, Merlot, France £45.00
La Folie is produced with 35 year-old Merlot grapes. With its persistent aromas, this is a delicious lively Bordeaux wine that will complement any meal.
- Chianti, Classico Castelvecchi DOCG, Italy £48.00
A blend of Sangiovese and Canaiolo, aromas of iris, red-skinned berry and a hint of fresh mint. The palate is full of red cherries, clove and white pepper.
- Bourgogne Jean Lefort, Pinot Noir, France £49.00
A charming, crisp red wine. Fresh cherry and strawberry pie-like fruit on the tongue, with excellent balance and a lovely savoury finish.
- Finca Perdriel Norton, Malbec, Argentina £54.00
An intense, rigorous Malbec with good body, medium acidity, solid tannins and rich blueberry, black cherries, plums and pastille flavours.
- Château Saint Andre Corbin, Saint Emilion, France £58.00
Characteristic, dense and well-structured Bordeaux red, with firm tannins. As well as defined notes of blackberries, plums, spice and pepper.
- Maison Kavaklidere Château Claud Bellevue, Bordeaux, France £59.00
Château Claud Bellevue, is produced with 35 year-old Merlot and Cabernet Franc grapes. It is a rich fruit-flavoured and juicy terroir wine with matured tannins.
- Château Mongravey Margaux Crus Bourgeois Supérieur, Bordeaux, France £105.00
A well-structured, muscular Bordeaux with firm tannins, intense spice, blackcurrant and cedar notes carrying on to a long, persisting finish.
- Paladin Casa Lupo, Amarone della Valpolicella DOCG, Italy £108.00
Rich, refined and elegant wine of great structure. The palate is defined by red currants, blueberries, sour cherries and jam with a final bouquet of spicy vanilla perfume.
- Châteauneuf du Pape, Chemin des Papes, Rhone, France £114.00
A complex, full-bodied Châteauneuf with gorgeous tannins, fascinating mouthfeel and a vibrant bouquet of red berries, plum and spice.
- Kavaklidere 1929, Cabernet Franc, Turkey £125.00
A complex and well-structured Cabernet Franc with persistent aromas of blackberries, liquorice and dried herbs on the nose. The defined yet delicate tannins tend to a palate full of ripe dark fruits, bitter chocolate and smoky spices.
- Roasted Cocktail Nuts (V) £4.95
A flavourful savory mix.
- Parvardeh Olives (VE) £5.95
Green olives marinated in pomegranate molasses, balsamic vinegar, olive oil and mint.
- Papadum Basket (V) £5.95
A selection of papadums and Qavali signature chutneys. (*VE upon request)
- Bread Basket (V) £6.95
A selection of freshly baked breads.
- Mughlai Prawns £13.95
Coastal prawns liberally tossed in garlic, mustard and chilli lime. Finished in a rich makhani malai sauce.
- Sikandari Falafel (V) £7.95
Delicately spiced chickpea and herb fritters, served with beetroot hummus. (*VE upon request)
- Punjabi Chicken Tikka £16.95
Qavali’s take on a Punjabi favourite. Succulent pieces of marinated chicken tikka, topped with fresh coriander and chaat masala (a hot, sweet, and tangy spice mix).
- Multani Paneer Tikka (V) £14.95
Cubes of Indian cottage cheese, marinated in fresh herbs and green chillies – as enjoyed by the Multans in North India. Served alongside a sweetcorn and pomegranate salad.
- Chocolate Baklava £9.95
Rolled pistachio baklava with milk syrup, finished with crushed chocolate. This treat is served chilled, with velvety Turkish delight ice-cream.